These pretty cacao coconut popsicles are the perfect healthy treat during the warm summer months, and they are so incredibly easy to make! You only need three ingredients: cacao, (full-fat) coconut milk, and maple syrup or any other sweetener that you like.
On top of that, these babies just happen to be vegan as well, and suitable for people with nut- or gluten allergies! They are super chocolatey and rich, and they just scream “SUMMER” in capital letters. It has been incredibly dry and hot in the Netherlands for the last month or so, and these popsicles have totally saved me from dying from the heat haha.
The recipe is inspired by this recipe for Ridiculously Good chocolate popsicles by Dutch blogger Simone from the blog Fit & Puur.
- 50 g cacao
- 500 ml (full-fat) coconut milk
- 2 to 4 tablespoons maple syrup (depending on your personal preference. I have a sweet tooth so I like to add 3 or 4)
- optional: roasted shredded coconut and melted chocolate for decoration
- Mix the three ingredients in a bowl or blender until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds. I could make 6 popsicles out of it, but this also depends on the size of your molds of course.
- Add the popsicles sticks to your molds and place them in the freezer until they are completely frozen (4 hours minimum).
- Take the popsicles out of the mold, and if you want you can then decorate them with some melted chocolate and/or roasted shredded coconut.