It has been so hot in the Netherlands lately that all I have been wanting to eat is ice cream and popsicles! For the coming week, they even predicted a heatwave 😱 Since I’m not used to hot weather at all, I need all the help I can get to cool off, and my latest popsicle creation, these with mango and coconut water, are a life saver! The Obrigado coconut water helps to restore my mineral balance, while the mango brings in antioxidants and vitamins. For a fun and delicious twist I also added some lime zest!
The coconut water that I used for this recipe comes from the Brazilian brand Obrigado. They have their own plantations in Bahia, Brazil, where they focus on growing coconut trees in a sustainable way by using mosaic farming. Of the 6600 hectares that they own, 30% (1701 hectares) is used to grow coconut trees, and 70% is given back to Mother Nature. Isn’t that amazing?! During my bachelor, I studied Earth & Environment, so I know how important healthy plantations are, which is why I am so happy to work together with Obrigado for this blog post.
To promote their product, you can now win your own coconut tree, a year’s worth of Obrigado coconut water or … a trip to Bahia Brazil!! Click here to see how you can win!
- 200 ml Obrigado Mango Acerola coconut water
- 290 gr mango in cubes
- zest of 2 limes
- optional: 1 to 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Place the coconut water, mango, and if you’re using it, maple syrup, in a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the lime zest with a spoon (do not blend again).
- Divide the mixture over 6 popsicle molds and let freeze for at least 4 hours.
– This post is sponsored by Obrigado. All opinions expressed are my own –