I love banana bread! It’s the best thing to make when you have some leftover, overripe bananas. This version is sprinkled with a handful of walnuts for a delicious crunch!
Banana bread with walnuts
Author: That Healthy Kitchen
Serves: 1 banana bread
- 3 (over) ripe bananas
- 180 g whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 115 g plant-based quark (you can replace it with greek yogurt)
- handful of walnuts, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, eggs and quark to the bowl and combine until everything is mixed throughout.
- Chop up the walnuts and stir them through the batter
- Transfer the batter to a cake loaf tin and bake the banana bread for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve semi-warm with or without a cream cheese frosting. Enjoy!
– Special thanks to Ekoplaza for providing the ingredients for this recipe as a part of their 5X LKKRDR challenge: recipes for which you only need five ingredients, to reduce food waste! What are you doing to reduce food waste? –