These brownies are heaven on earth! Fudgy, nutty and uber-chocolatey with a crunch from the walnuts. Yum! I know there are a lot of sweet potato brownie recipes out there, but this definitely is a keeper.
I decorated these with some (homemade) chocolate frosting and gold sprinkles, but they definitely don’t need that. They are already fantastic on their own!
- 2 sweet potatoes (540 gram)
- 20 small dates (160 gram)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (60 gram)
- 8 tablespoons cacao powder (70 gram) – but you can add even more for a super intense chocolate flavor
- 160 gram flour
- 100 gram walnuts
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Peel and dice the two sweet potatoes, add them to a steamer over low-medium heat.
- Steam the potatoes until they are very soft. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the steamed sweet potatoes, dates and maple syrup to a blender or food processor, and blend until a thick, caramel like paste appeared.
- Transfer the paste to a big bowl and stir in the cacao powder, flour and cinnamon. Stir well. Add the walnuts and stir those through too.
- Put the mixture in a brownie tin lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the brownie for about 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celcius
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing as they can be a bit crumbly while very warm.