These brownies are heaven on earth! Fudgy, nutty and uber-chocolatey with a crunch from the walnuts. Yum! I know there are a lot of sweet potato brownie recipes out there, but this definitely is a keeper.
I decorated these with some (homemade) chocolate frosting and gold sprinkles, but they definitely don’t need that. They are already fantastic on their own!
Sweet Potato Brownies
Author: That Healthy Kitchen
Serves: 9 brownies
- 2 sweet potatoes (540 gram)
- 20 small dates (160 gram)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (60 gram)
- 8 tablespoons cacao powder (70 gram) - but you can add even more for a super intense chocolate flavor
- 160 gram flour
- 100 gram walnuts
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Peel and dice the two sweet potatoes, add them to a steamer over low-medium heat.
- Steam the potatoes until they are very soft. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the steamed sweet potatoes, dates and maple syrup to a blender or food processor, and blend until a thick, caramel like paste appeared.
- Transfer the paste to a big bowl and stir in the cacao powder, flour and cinnamon. Stir well. Add the walnuts and stir those through too.
- Put the mixture in a brownie tin lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the brownie for about 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celcius
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing as they can be a bit crumbly while very warm.
Serving size: 1 brownie (out of 9) Calories: 316 kcal Fat: 10.5 gram Saturated fat: 2.7 gram Trans fat: 0 gram Carbohydrates: 58.1 gram Sugar: 15.7 gram Fiber: 10.5 gram Protein: 9.4 gram Cholesterol: 0 mg
So far I have made only zucchini brownies, but these will be my next brownies attempt! Looking yummie!:)
Thank you Aneta! I’ve never tried zucchini brownies, but experimenting with food is great fun :)
[…] soups, pasta sauces, hummus, banana icecream, nut butters and batters for things like muffins, brownies, falafels, veggie burgers, etc etc. I could go on and on about the amazingness of this machine, but […]
[…] If you don’t have any pumpkins on hands, why not make my sweet potato brownies in […]
I’ve been meaning to make sweet potato brownies for a while now! This recipe looks amazing. Is there a substitute if you don’t have a steamer for the sweet potatoes? Thanks!
If you don’t have a steamer you can also boil the sweet potato :) Hope you’ll love them as much as I do!
Is the final consistency before cooking supposed to be like cake frosting? Or should it be more liquidy?
Hi Sharon! That sounds about right :)