You are probably wondering what these so-called BBB muffins are, so here it comes: Blueberry Banana Breakfast muffins! I love these little treats, as they are super saintly but still really yummy and with a nice little bite from the flax on top.
Blueberry Banana Breakfast Muffins
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Serves: 6 small muffins or 4 larger ones
1 tablespoon broken flax
3 tablespoons water
75 gram (plant) yoghurt
25 gram coconut oil
50 gram ripe banana (about half a banana)
30 gram liquid sweetener of choice
100 gram spelt flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
50 gram blueberries
extra flax seed for topping
1. Mix the broken flax with the water in a big bowl and set aside.
2. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
3. Mash up half of the banana.
4. To the big bowl, add the mashed bananas, (plant) yoghurt, coconut oil, sweetener, spelt flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix well. If the mixture is homogenous, add the blueberries.
5. Divide the batter over the cupcake or muffin tin and top with the extra flax seed.
6. Bake the muffins in about 25 minutes golden brown.